School Priorities and Success Measures (2017-2020)
1. To consistently provide the right environment, support, and challenge to enable all children to fulfil their potential and be their best.
- Strong academic and non-academic performance
- Full roll and a waiting list to join our school
- High attendance and engagement
2. To develop our children to be respectful, well rounded citizens that actively reflect the Christian, spiritual and inclusive values of our school community.
- Recognising and responding to each child as an individual
- Excellent behaviour at all times
- Celebrating our strengths and achievements
- Children recognised within wider community for their conduct and contributions
- School community has opportunity to engage with other cultures globally
- We have built a local reputation for excellence/strength and actively support other schools to improve
- All resources are well deployed in support of educational excellence
- We recognise our professional expertise and actively work to develop and share this, within school and in our wider professional community
4. To further develop strong governance and robust leadership throughout the school.
- We retain staff and are known for the opportunities, development and support we provide
- We have a balanced and appropriate range of skills and experience within the Governing Body
- Staff and Governors are known to the community and are role models for the ethos and values of the school
For 2017-18 the school development plan covers the following areas:
- To provide the appropriate support and challenge for all children to make good progress and achieve expected outcomes in reading, writing and maths
- To keep parents well informed about their child’s learning and progress
- To develop outside areas to facilitate a range of outdoor learning opportunities
- To adapt the curriculum to ensure it is broad, balanced and assessment is appropriate and accurate
- To focus on SIAMs (Statutory Assessment of Anglican and Methodist Schools) self-assessment and address any areas for development
- To support pupils to improve their own mental well-being
- To implement a whole school ethos of ‘be the best you can be’
- To join the Oxford Diocesean Schools Trust
Information about 2018-19 school development plan will be updated soon.